1. It is the responsibility of the swimmer or parent to make application for the ratification of record/s.
2. Record Claim Forms are available from the Records Clerk (or use the link below).
3. Record Claim Forms and the Official Results Sheet are to reach the Chief Records Clerk, within 21 days of the date of the event.
4. It is strongly recommended that application for a record is made at the gala.
5. Records can only be claimed if the event is swum in a 50m pool (long course) or a 25m pool (short course), if registered officials were in attendance and if the gala was held under the auspices of NMBA / SSA.
6. It is the responsibility of the swimmer, coach or parent to ask the Chief Timekeeper for three timekeepers on a lane should the swimmer be attempting to swim a record time.
7. Notwithstanding the provisions in point 5, a registered NMBA swimmer who wishes to claim a record from a gala held outside the auspices of NMBA must inform the NMBA Administrator in advance of the event. The results sheet (in the case of electronic timing) is sufficient and must reach the Chief Records Clerk within 21 days of the date of the event.
8. All records have to be ratified by the NMBA Executive. After ratification, successful claims are circulated to the Clubs and will be posted to our social media platforms.
9. Club Secretaries are responsible for claiming relay records for which all of the above applies.
The application form is here: Record Claim Form